Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Mat Memory- Article I wrote back in 1998 About The Worst Show I Ever Went to

Back in 1998 I was living in NH and was working for WWA New England (setting up the ring, chairs, etc  on shows in Mass. Locally promoting shows in NH).. Two weeks before a show I was locally promoting in Farmington, NH (Next town over from the one I was living in, which was Rochester). I went to a show of a company running back then called Ringside Wrestling, which was run by a guy named Jeff Costas, known as "Lobsterman"  in the New England indie scene.

Knowing I had a WWF Training Dojo headlining the show I was locally promoting (which featured Wiliam Regal, Tom Prichard, Jeff Jarrett and others as well as 'now' trainer at the WWE Performance Center Matt Bloom, The late Steve Bradley, and an appearance by Walter 'Killer' Kowalski) I decided to go check out what 'competition' is running elsewhere in the state..

The link I'm going to provide is to an article I wrote on a no longer used web page I used to post things on. I went to this show and well.. The article speaks for itself on how bad it was and what ensued when I was there.

It STILL, stands to this day, as THE WORST show I ever went to see live. That says alot.

http://prowrestlingtapes.angelfire.com/worstshow.html

No comments: