Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Jim Cornette on The Smallest Town He Promoted

 

By Bill Walkowitz

Listening to Cornette talk about this gym in this clip reminded me of when I locally promoted my very first show for WWA New England back in 1997 in Rochester, New Hampshire at the Middle School. School officials didn't realize until the day of the show that they didn't have 500 chairs at the middle school (which was what the gym's capacity held, the afternoon show drew 270 people and evening show drew 480 people paid). So the city's school employees had to go to the high school and Catholic school to round up chairs for the event, which they had to supply as part of the deal for WWA to run the gym (part of rental agreement I signed as well as signing 'license/permit' from the city putting the show in my name. So I can relate to this all too well, lol.







https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsMtet3eM8A

No comments: