Sunday, December 3, 2017

Hope Impact Wrestling isn't expecting a percentage for the booking. Matt Sydal misses BCW events, promotion calls him out for not returning his booking deposit

Matt Sydal did not appear at two British Championship Wrestling events as advertised over the weekend and the promotion has gone public with his refusal to return his portion of a $1,500 booking deposit. Sydal’s booking agent Bill Behrens returned his $300 portion of the deposit and the thus the promotion claims Sydal owes $1,2000.
The promotion ran the response that Sydal gave them when they asked for their deposit back. “A deposit is a deposit,” Sydal wrote. “It’s so that you can announce and promote me and sell tickets, which you did. I made every effort reasonable to make the show. I let you know as soon as there was an issue and I never intended to make your life so challenging. I don’t have $ to buy myself a ticket. I tried to work with British Airways but they were no help and neither were you. I would have loved to make the shows and collect my pay days. But you get to keep those. I would apply the deposit towards another show which is what reasonable people do.” Follow the promotion online at Twitter.com/bcwofficial.

In the past when members of the TNA/GFW/Impact Wrestling roster take an indy booking TNA?GFW/Impact gets a percentage of it. So maybe if you want to keep your good name (and still get future indy bookings) just send the fucking money back, cheap ass.

No comments: