Saturday, November 25, 2023

The Eastern Wrestling Alliance Has Returned To Maine

 

The Eastern Wrestling Alliance has returned to Maine. They recently had a show on the 18th of November in Sanford, Maine and have a return show in Sanford come February. 

Back in late 1998 Until 1999 I had worked for the EWA which at the time was owned by James St Jean. The following is an article I had written years ago about my time there which is on a no longer used Angelfire page. https://prowrestlingtapes.angelfire.com/ewa.html

At that time they were running Lewiston, Auburn and a few other places. I remember going to Farmington Maine, Oxford Maine and when they started doing regular shows in Portland, I was there. They even did a show in Wakefield Massachusetts while I was working there. Setting up chairs, selling tapes (theirs and my own) and even got them a date at Dartmouth College in Hanover, NH that had Jacques Rougeau vs Steve Keirn in a main event.

I'm actually glad to see the return of the EWA to Maine. A few of the people who ever originally there when I worked there are involved in this new venture so I look forward to seeing more about this company and adding them to the vast variety of indy groups that are posted here. I no longer live in NH cause if i was, Sanford is like maybe a fifteen minute drive from where I lived in Rochester, and about thirty minutes from Dover and Somersworth (the other two places I had lived when I was there).


Here's information (so far) about their upcoming show in February.



Thank you Sanford and our fans for welcoming us back last Sat! 

Our next event will be EWA: Catching Fire on February 3rd at the Sanford Memorial Gymnasium! 

More details & when tickets go on sale coming soon! Follow us on all our social media for updates!

https://linktr.ee/EWAmaine


Here's a video of old EWA highlights 1998-2000, at the five minute mark you'll see a clip of Dr. Everett Payne get into the ring with Frankie Armadillo. I'm sitting at ringside and you'll see me and them yell shit back and forth. doing 'the plant thing' while working these shows was always tons of fun. Also on here are early clips of the woman who would later become known as, Lufisto.




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMuMX9RBh-E

No comments: