Friday, July 29, 2022

Eric Bischoff On AEW Promos: " I’ve seen some horrible, horrible sh** on AEW"

 

By Donnie Henderson


The former WCW President has never been afraid to speak his mind, taking shots at several things on the WWE side as well, including backstage promos. Recently, Bischoff said WWE “bore the shit out of me” with promos backstage and stand-up mic segments. Continuing that point during a recent episode of his podcast “Strictly Business,” the WWE HOF elaborated on his stance and dropped another memorable line about AEW.


“I fucking cannot stand watching 80% of the interviews that I’m forced to sit through if I want to sit and watch the show,” Bischoff said. “AEW is no different. In fact, I’ve seen some horrible, horrible shit on AEW. So the idea that they have the freedom and the talents involved like that’s somehow gonna guarantee or ensure quality, well, that shit went out the window a long time ago because I’ve seen promos on AEW that I would never allow on a television show, ever."


“I haven’t seen a good promo in AEW that creates emotion or advances a story. It’s just words. There’s no connection to the character or the audience, and just a waste of time. So God, please, give me somebody that’s figured out a way to shoot promos that matter or just don’t shoot ones that don’t; I’ll take that. But I’ve seen some horseshit, If you don’t recognize horseshit and you just keep stepping in it because you don’t want to admit that it’s horseshit, you’re walking around dragging that horseshit everywhere you go.”

No comments: