Thursday, March 31, 2022

Randy Orton: WWE NXT wrestlers aren't being taught to protect their opponents

 


By Gino Bradley

I bet the coaches and teachers at the Performance Center are going to love hearing this. I wonder what Vince McMahon will think when he sees this.


Randy Orton was a guest on Thursday's Pat McAfee Show and talked about difficulties working with wrestlers from NXT.

Orton noted that Edge's return has been refreshing for him because many of today's performers are not as focused on protecting their opponent. 


"There's an art to what we do and a lot of guys have lost that art," Orton said. 

"When Vince (McMahon) was on, he talked about your number one priority, above all, being protecting your opponent. That's not taught, necessarily, in NXT. I know that because I've been in the ring with guys that came from NXT and they don't what the f**k they're doing. It's unfortunate, but that is just how things are changing."


He then spoke about how working with Edge allows him to tell a story in the ring. 


"I can trust this guy. I can give this guy my body in this ring and tell this story and I don't have to, in the back of my head, worry about him only being concerned with looking cool in that ring and hitting the f**k out of me and taking my head off."

"[Edge] made me realize that I can go 45 minutes with a guy that knows what the f**k he's doing," Orton continued. "Where are these other guys that know what f**k they're doing?"


Where are they? They were let go because of "budget cuts", LMAO.

So go ask your boss Vince McMahon where they're at?


I bet you won't.

No comments: