Monday, May 11, 2020

Promoter talks wrestlers being short-sighted and not “giving a sh*t” during pandemic

Owner and promoter of Revolution Pro Wrestling (Rev Pro) Andy Quildan recently appeared on Colt Cabana’s Art of Wrestling podcast. The longtime promoter on the British scene discussed a number of topics on the podcast, including his contact (or lack thereof) with performers during the ongoing coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic.

“Maybe two or three wrestlers that have reached out during this time, most couldn’t give a shit (laughs)” Quildan would begin on the podcast. “There’s been a few that have reached out but the majority have not reached out.”

Quildan would then discuss the mindset of certain performers in the pro wrestling independent scene. Rev Pro is one of the biggest promotions in the United Kingdom, with an ongoing working relationship with New Japan Pro Wrestling. For the past couple of years the Rev Pro British Championship has been defended at NJPW’s annual Wrestle Kingdom event.

So realistically, it is probably in wrestler’s best interests to be on the good side of Rev Pro. “I think a lot of wrestlers are…I’m not, I’m not putting everyone in the same bracket. But I think a lot of wrestlers, think about today and ‘if you can’t do anything for me today then I’m not reaching out to you until tomorrow. When you can do something for me” Quildan would state.”

The Rev Pro owner would then jokingly talk about how he was probably going to get a ton of contact from performers following his Art of Wrestling interview. “You watch, this will come out and then all of a sudden I get a load of messages! It’s noted those who have reached out to me. But like I said it’s a very small amount of people.”

No comments: