Thursday, November 15, 2018

Dale Pierce Remembered – Wrestling Manager Extraordinaire

If you've been part of the indy scene in Ohio, Arizona, California (in the late 80's/90's) or the Washington State Area( last few years) You probably have known or heard the name Dale Pierce. He was an important part of these areas for many years as a well known manger, teacher, mentor, etc for many up can coming wrestlers.

Last week Dale Pierce lost his fierce battle with Cancer and many people have stated their reactions to this. Besides being an author of almost two dozen different books he had a blog on the history of Arizona Wrestling, which you can see right here. http://azwreshistory.blogspot.com/2016/01/see-dale-pierce-collection-in-aberseen.html

I had the pleasure of knowing Dale for quite a few years, thru him writing for Evan Ginzburg's old Wrestling Then And Now Newsletter (where I eventually was able to contribute articles and have often had an aritcle in the same issue he had one). To where in a sad irony, he and I have articles in the current issue of Dann Lennards "Feed The Gorilla" fanzine based in Australia. Below you'll see the shots of both his, and my article in the fanzine.

WUW Wrestler Ron Von Hess did this tribute to Dale at the most recent WUW show. https://www.facebook.com/ronbuddahsutherland/videos/2226143924084296/?t=392

I myself did my own video tribute that was posted in the FB group I'm part of.. https://www.facebook.com/100014742766823/videos/515855848915836/?t=0 (If this link doesn't work reply here or message me on Twitter or FB and let me know and I'll upload the video to Youtube) and Evan Ginzburg wrote a tribute to Dale as well that you can see here at this link. https://prowrestlingstories.com/in-memoriam/dale-pierce-remembered/?fbclid=IwAR0pGADeTpkwYc2pPDCqFaMhuCXar_bxL-Gccvzi1KO1UrNb11L-pcIIH18

Dale was very knowledgeable, was a great help to many people including myself, he even encouraged my return to being a wrestling/dirtsheet writer. The wrestling world, more importantly, the indy scene in Az, Ohio and Washington State will forever feel the void of Dale no longer being around. He may have not been the most well known name in this business, but his name? Was well knmown by many in this business and in the end.. That's the kind of respect that's most important. He'll forever be missed by many. 

No comments: