Sunday, February 18, 2018

Here's Pro Wrestling Revolver & AAW Results. AAW Issues Apology....

Pro Wrestling Revolver from Friday night in Dayton for "Naito Takes Dayton" before a sellout of about 400 fans: Trey Miguel b Jason Case, Matthew Palmer won scramble match Brian Cage b Clayton Gainz, Jessicka Havok b Shotzi Blackheart to keep the AAW women's title, Besties won four-way over Zero Gravity and two other teams, Shane Strickland b Trevor Lee, Jon Murray b Jake Manning, Sami Callihan & Dave & Jake Crist b Moose & Acey Baby & MJF, Tetsuya Naito b Michael Elgin (Elgin got a really negative reaction and not in a good way but Naito was over like you'd expect).

AAW drew a sellout of about 500 fans last night in Chicago at Logan Square Arena for Naito, but ended up with controversy over using Elgin: David Starr & Eddie Kingston b Jake & Dave Crist, Paco won four-way over Hakim Zane, MJF and Ace Romero, Jeff Cobb b Dezmond Xavier, Davey Vega & Mat Fitchett b Stephen Wolf & Trey Miguel, Myron Reed b Michael Elgin (they did a 4:00 match, enough of a negative response to lead to owner Danny Daniels to do an apology), Jake Something & Curt Stallion b Colt Cabana & Chukie T, Trevor Lee b DJZ to win the Heritage title, ACH b Jimmy Jacobs (Jacobs did a great knee injury spot to the point that everyone in the crowd bought the injury as legit), Tetsuya Naito b Sami Callihan in 15:00 in a fun match. Callihan worked a hard physical match.

Danny Daniels on Twitter apologized for using Elgin saying:
"To those that were upset that Michael Elgin was on the show. I apologize. My goal from day one was to put on the best shows possible and that was my sole intention. Obviously l let people down. Elgin made this whole weekend w/ Naito possible for 3 groups so I wanted to be loyal.

Elgin is a friend of mine & I know his family has been going through a difficult time. So I wanted to help him out as he's done numerous times for us. It was a poor decision by my part. Again this was strictly my call as I thought the fans would like the outcome, I was wrong.

This wasn't a who's right and who's wrong decision on his personal issues. That's his business. I just wanted to put the best product out there as my main concern is the fans. We put out 9 matches with the best talent from around the world, and it didn't work.

Just read other Chicago groups putting out there that fans should support them because they are good people. I didn't know me and my partner mike were bad human beings now.

Want to make it clear that it was my choice to put Elgin on the show. He didn't force me, I just wanted to give the fans as many great matches as I possibly could. Naito-Elgin tore it up on friday so I made the decision in the morning. He was going to be there regardless.

That being said. AAWPro will not have Michael Elgin on the shows. This company was built on listening to our audience. Again I apologize to all that were offended. My intention has always been to give extra on every show as a thank you for the fans spending their money on us.
It's not the first mistake I've made doing this gig, as it's challenging. Again if you choose to not support us, I fully understand and want to thank you for helping us grow throughout the years. We don't take paydays, we do this for the fans. So again I apologize for my mistake."

No comments: