Sunday, December 31, 2017

I said I'd post this late, so it's late and it's letters to me time. :)

If you want to ask something, make a comment, etc. ChicagoBillW1@gmail.com

What in your opinion was the biggest surprise of this past year?

Pat. C. Newport, R.I.
Without a doubt it would be how Billy Gorgan has revitalized the NWA. I'm currently writing an article for an Australian newsletter that this guy Dann Lennard   Puts out about it. How the fans reactions to it have been in my opinion, way better than anything Impact Wrestling has done. or WWE in my own personal opinion.


Has anything you said would happen (or not happen) come to pass?

Mark M. London, England.
Without a doubt, and ALOT of people are mad because I've bragged about this. But I said right from the get go that bringing Jeff Jarrett back to TNA/Impact Wrestling would be the biggest mistake they could make. Well, we see how that played out. I was on the mark with that and, i said that Jarrett's GFW would be considered more of a joke now than ever and... Anthem Sports smartening up to that fact and following thru on the purchase of it? Said it all. I also said that Anthem Sports wouldn't stand a chance against Matt Hardy in a lawsuit. Seeing that Anthem Sports backed out of it, that's three in a row off the top of my head. I'm sure I can think of at least two more but, those three were the main ones.


Bill, thanks for all the indy stuff you post. No other site features these groups or in your case, feature them on a weekly basis. You show the same company's new shows each week so it's cool to just come here and see them. I get WCWC on tv where i live but I never would've known about it if I didn't find your site and see the show highlighted. So thank you for that.

Rachel- Oregon
No, Thank you. I try but there's so many that I wish I could get to. The ones I feature, like AMW, Fight Pro Wrestling, WWA (Kentucky), RCW, WCWC, Absolute(UK) are ones I just happen to find on accident or a suggestion and either found a heel I liked, storyline, or the whole show. These companies provide what the major groups can't for me and I so appreciate them for what they put out every week. House of Glory I've been trying to keep up with as well as Defiant but there are, only so many hours in a day. :) Can't get all but I do what I can which is more than some 'other' sites w/paywalls and VIP memberships I can name that don't do half of what this little blog that can does.


What a great mixture of stuff you post here, some old, some new, and alot of obscure stuff. The written podcasts I enjoy alot too. Thank you for creating this. I have this bookmarked and really enjoy the mix of things you come up with.

Aiden C.- Vancouver
It's people like you that have helped make this thing successful so the thanks is to you, people like you never view this blog it wouldn't exist.


I'm sure you've been asked this alot but what was your favorite promotion growing up?

Dale- Atlanta
I have and don't mind answering it again. AWA, and Bob Luce's/ Dick The Bruiser's WWA out of Indiana. Those were the only two at one time that we could get on tv growing up in Chicago, before WCCW, Crockett, McMahon, and even Southwest Championship Wrestling(for like three months on a Spanish station) came in. I grew up on AWA and WWA so they'll always be the faves and Bockwinkel was THE CHAMP for me, him and Harley Race.


Bill, Where's that AWA group you feature every week from?

Jim Reynolds- Hammond, Indiana
The indy group? Actually it's in your state. Indiana, I believe Madison Indiana is where they have their weekly shows.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: